Friday, October 06, 2006
Lessons of life...

Today when I walked to McKenzie to her classroom, I watched as she gave Drew, her newest interest, a love letter that she spent a lot of time writing yesterday. She had pink hearts drawn all over it, wrote his name, and she drew stick figures of them standing together. It was so sweet. All she could talk about this morning was giving this letter to Drew. Well as she handed it to him another young boy wanted to see what he had, as McKenzie watched with nervousness they went off together and he opened it, the other kid made a "yuck face" and so Drew crumbled it up and told McKenzie he didn't want it. I could see that her heart was broken and she turned to me with embarrassment and told me to take it. I took it from her and told her that her Daddy wanted it anyway. I walked out of that school feeling like my heart was broken into little pieces. I know that she is only 5 years old and this whole thing is sorta silly, but seeing my baby go through that feeling of embarressment and rejection made me realize that I have to allow her to go through these little things to help her become a good person. It is my job to teach her how to handle this with good character.
You know this is similar to our realtionship with God. We often say "why do you make us go through hard times like broken hearts, sickness, and death?" But just like us as parents, he knows that these trials help prepare and develop us into His good children. I thank God that he has not sheltered me from pain and rejection and I hope that through His will I will use what he has made my journey to help other people especially my sweet children.





4 Comments:
Blogger Sandy had this to say:

Oh my! I totally wanted to cry too while reading this. Bless her sweet heart! That little boy just doesn't know what he's missing. Yeah, unfortunately we have all been down that road. Ugh! I'm sure she will forget all about it and move on to something else! All girls knows what heals a broken heart - ICE CREAM! LOL! I think you are a great Mom! Keep up the good parenting! Luv ya!

 

Blogger Carla had this to say:

I can't imagine how you felt, I mean my kids run from girls, they have cooties! I totally agree with you, God does everything for a reason, and when I look back over my life I can see that all the things that hurt me, made me a stronger person, and who I am today.

 

Blogger Lori had this to say:

What a great comparison to daily struggles! So very true!
I miss you and can't wait to see everyone tonight! Love ya!

 

Blogger Lori had this to say:

So, are you ever going to blog again? Shooooooont!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

~JOY in the Journey~

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My name is Jessica with the initials JOY, hence the title. My wonderful husband is Jeremiah and I am the mother of 2 beautiful girls McKenzie & Gabrielle. There always seems to be something going on here in our lives. So as you read, you will experience my "JOY in the Journey".

Name:

I have been married 8 years to the love of my life, Jeremiah. God has blessed us with 2 beautiful little girls, McKenzie 7 and Gabrielle 2. They keep us very busy. God has been very good to our family and to Him we are grateful.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Casting Crowns
Carolina Rags
Beaufort Gazette
Google
ebay
Yahoo Mail
Weight Watchers

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

jeremiahandjessica@yahoo.com

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger