Monday, October 02, 2006
Weight Watchers Weigh in

Well tonight I had to weigh in and I lost 3 lbs last week! yea me! That brings my total to 14.8 lbs. I must say that this has been one of the most challenging things I have ever done because it forced me to be discipline, and that is not something I usually do well. But because of the support and encouragement I have gotten from my husband and my wonderful friends, it has made the journey enjoyable. I have developed relationships with other women that I hope to be friends with the rest of my life. I like the way I feel, I like being able to encourage others, and I almost like being held accountable (thanks Lori!). I am at a point in my life where when I wake up in the morning I am excited to get going and begin my day rather than dredding the chores that await me. So with all that said I would like to say THANK YOU to Angie, Lori, Amy, Paige, Carla, Sandy, Ivette, and Cindy. I would also like to say a special THANK YOU to my dearest friend Sarah, you are everything that a best friend should be. I love you dearly. I hate that you are far away, but it makes me happy that you are happy.
Well I got this email the other day, and if you are mentioned above, then I thought of you while reading this:
A young wife sat on a sofa on a hot humid day,
drinking iced tea and visiting with her Mother.
As they talked about life, about marriage, about the
Responsibilities of life and the obligations of adulthood,
the mother clinked the ice cubes in her glass thoughtfully
and turned a clear, sober glance upon her daughter.
"Don't forget your Sisters," She advised, swirling
The tea leaves to the bottom of her glass.
"They'll be more important as you get older.
No matter how much you love your husband,
no matter how much you love the children you may have,
you are still going to need Sisters.
Remember to go places with them now and then;
do things with them."Remember that 'Sisters' means ALL the women...
your Girlfriends, your daughters, and all your other women relatives too.
"You'll need other women. Women always do."
'What a funny piece of advice!' the young womanthought.
'Haven't I just gotten married? Haven't I just joined the couple-world?
I'm now a married woman, for goodness sake! A grownup!
Surely my husband and the family we may start will be
all I need to make my life worthwhile!"
But she listened to her Mother. She kept contact with her Sisters
and made more women friends each year. As the years tumbled by,
one after another, she gradually came to understand that her Mom
really knew what she was talking about. As time and nature
work their changes and their mysteries upon a woman,
sisters are the mainstays of her life.
After more than 50 years of living in this world,here is what I've learned:
THIS SAYS IT ALL:
Time passes......... Life happens.......... Distance Separates...... Children grow up..... Jobs come and Go........ Love waxes and wanes........ Men don't do what they're supposed to do...... Hearts break.......... Parents die......... Colleagues forget Favors..........Careers end.
BUT......... Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how many miles are between you. A girl friend is never farther away than needing her can reach. When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on, praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the valley's end. Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you. or come in and carry you out. Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters, daughters-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, Mothers, Grandmothers, aunties, nieces, cousins, and extended family, all bless our life! The world wouldn't be the same without women, and Neither would I. When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we would need each other. Every day, we need each other still.





5 Comments:
Blogger Carla had this to say:

That was an awesome story, I am tearing up right now! I'm so glad to have such good friends!

 

Blogger Carla had this to say:

good job on the scales last night! We should all be proud...

 

Blogger Amy Ploss had this to say:

You are such a sweet person!! I am glad we've been hangin' out again!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

wooooooooooooohoooooooooooo to you Hercules!!!!I'm so very happy for you. Keep up the good work. Always remember that you can do anything you set your mind to. And I just want to say that I'm very happy that I've gotten know you. Your pretty awesome....:-)

P.S....Great story and oh so very true!

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I hope you go back and check this... I miss you and know that you are my "sister." Even if we don't talk as often as I would like or ever get to see each other, you are so special to me. We have the kind of relationship that can withstand the trials of everyday or everymonth life.
I read this blog and my eyes started leaking at how wonderful and supportive your new circle is. I was actually a little jealous(ok a lot jealous)that I can not be there. I wish that I was there at weight watchers cheering you on. I am so proud of you!!!
All the changes that have been brought about in my life recently are definitly for the better- I think about your influence on so many of the improvements. Oh yeah- the day you told me you were starting weight watchers, I signed up for the half marathon- well, I figured that I needed to do something too. I ran all 13 miles this past Saturday! It took me a little over 2 hours. What an impowering feeling! I contribute some of my motivation to you! I miss and love you so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

~JOY in the Journey~

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My name is Jessica with the initials JOY, hence the title. My wonderful husband is Jeremiah and I am the mother of 2 beautiful girls McKenzie & Gabrielle. There always seems to be something going on here in our lives. So as you read, you will experience my "JOY in the Journey".

Name:

I have been married 8 years to the love of my life, Jeremiah. God has blessed us with 2 beautiful little girls, McKenzie 7 and Gabrielle 2. They keep us very busy. God has been very good to our family and to Him we are grateful.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Casting Crowns
Carolina Rags
Beaufort Gazette
Google
ebay
Yahoo Mail
Weight Watchers

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

jeremiahandjessica@yahoo.com

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger