Wednesday, November 15, 2006
A common misconception
I was chatting with a girl I work with yesterday, and I was inviting her to come to church again. She is such a sweet girl and she is pretty easy to talk to. When I invited her she said the walls may fall down if she comes. I know she was joking but what she meant was that she felt was she has to have it all together before she comes. People seem to feel that way a lot. I told her that there should be a sign at our church that says "ONLY SINNERS WELCOME". We are all sinners. We all have our skeletons. We all have our battles. There is no one presently on this earth without sin. OK maybe an infant child, but trust me it doesn't take them long :) . Church should be like a rehab center. We should come to be cleansed and we stay for the support and accountability. While we are there we worship, but worship should not only be done at church ...that will be another post... So when people are saying they are not good enough to come to church, make sure you let them know that only sinners are welcome at church. Oh and I think she is going to come. I will stay in prayer for her.

| posted by Jessica at 7:39 AM
-
Carla had this to say:
Wow- you've really got a point there. For someone who hasn't really ever been to church they probably feel like they're just not good enough yet, when it's just the other way around. You'll never really be "good" enough as long as you compare yourself to Jesus- but going to church is a really good start. Did that make a lick of sense? I'm tired.
-
Lori had this to say:
Very good post Jessica and so true! I will pray for your friend. We all know that prayer works!
-
Angie had this to say:
Great post Jess! You certainly spoke to me in more ways than you know!
-
had this to say:
If only all churches could be like the Faith Home everyone would feel welcome and worthy of being there. Wonder why that is? Maybe it's because no one judges. If only all churches...
<< back to the main page