Wednesday, December 20, 2006
"Tenting"

McKenzie loves to go camping, but she refers to it as "tenting", and last weekend Jeremiah told her that they were going to have a special tenting trip at home. So last night they made a "tent" out of blankets and they rearranged all the living room furniture. It looked like what we all used to do as a child. He made a fire in the fireplace, and they ate s'mores and drank hot chocolate with marshmellows. But what was so sweet to me is those two really used their imagination and to them they were really out in the wilderness camping. I took Gabby and we went to bed because this was a special thing for the two of them, and I am so glad I did. After I got Gabby to sleep, I actually sat in the hallway and listened as they "sat around the campfire" and they both told stories, they sang christmas songs, Jeremiah told McKenzie stories about when he was little, and they just had a wonderful time. I am so glad I got to listen in because McKenzie will remember that forever. Jeremiah is such a wonderful Daddy, and I thank God that I get to share my life with him.





3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

That brings back memories. I did that a few times with my dad. McKenzie will forever remember that special time with her daddy.

 

Blogger Sandy had this to say:

That is the sweetest thing I ever heard! Jeremiah is a super Dad. That sounds like so much fun! I should do that with Noah one night. He would absolutely L-O-V-E it! (Except for the whole Smores thing - he won't eat 'em!) I would have loved to been sitting next to you in the hall.....

 

Blogger Lori had this to say:

Im sitting here with tears running down my face!!! For real!! That is so super sweee! Jeremiah is an amazing father!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

~JOY in the Journey~

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My name is Jessica with the initials JOY, hence the title. My wonderful husband is Jeremiah and I am the mother of 2 beautiful girls McKenzie & Gabrielle. There always seems to be something going on here in our lives. So as you read, you will experience my "JOY in the Journey".

Name:

I have been married 8 years to the love of my life, Jeremiah. God has blessed us with 2 beautiful little girls, McKenzie 7 and Gabrielle 2. They keep us very busy. God has been very good to our family and to Him we are grateful.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Casting Crowns
Carolina Rags
Beaufort Gazette
Google
ebay
Yahoo Mail
Weight Watchers

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

jeremiahandjessica@yahoo.com

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger